Just a quick post for today, friends! One of my favorite new makes, that has seen a lot of wear in Me Made May.... a plantain tee in coral triangles/white jersey, with POCKET! :)


This is actually my third version of the plantain. I have an unblogged, never worn version in an adorable turquoise and navy stripe with navy elbow patches. Not sure if I made the neckline too wide or the stripe placement is weird, but it just never looks right on me. I've never given away a handmade garment before, but that might be a contender. Anyways, back to this third and better version ;)



WARNING!!! This next sentence will change how you see this blog and all other sewing blogs from now on, so PROCEED WITH CAUTION...


I have baby face knees, and so do you.  Someone once told me that knees look like baby faces, and now I can't un-see it, no matter which blog I'm reading. It's ridiculous, I know, but I am happy to share my knowledge and expertise with you all. You have great looking baby face knees :)

Haha - left baby face knee is trying to munch on right knee
So back to sewing... here are the details:

Pattern: Deer&Doe Plantain Tee (Free PDF)

Fabric: Coral Triangle Arrows on White Cotton Jersey Blend Knit Fabric from Girl Charlee

Sizing / Alterations: Made size 38, had to let out some all around (graded out a bit at the waist and hips)

Construction Notes:

- Raised neckline about 3/4 inch
- Shortened sleeves to half-sleeve length, left off elbow patches
- Added square pocket, topstitched on front
- Hemmed sleeves and top with a double row of narrow zigzag stitches



The Verdict: Love this top in the normal length just as much as the tunic! Easy wardrobe staple! And the fabric really makes this one :)

And finally, the winner of the pattern giveaway for Simplicity 1463, as chosen by random.org is aleah!!!
I cannot imagine living so far from a Joann's - I'm there weekly at least to get random sewing notions, etc... Haha! Just send me an e-mail at thequirkypeach{at}gmail{dot}com with your address! THANKS for entering, everyone!!!