Hi everyone! Today I've got a newly sewn top to show you. It is the Grainline Alder pattern, shortened from the dress, and made with a lightweight cotton lawn. It is easy, and breezy, which I've decided is going to be my new approach to the blog as well. I want to continue sharing what I sew, and connecting with other seamstresses around the world. I also want it to be quick and easy to create posts, so I am tuning the perfectionist tendencies WAY down. Hopefully this means a lot more of what I sew will actually get posted, albeit with less photos, editing and text. It can be a real time-suck to create "perfect" blog-posts and I would rather spend that time doing other things, like sewing ;) Oh! And enjoying my new job! Same position - Elementary Music Teacher - just in a new school and district. I actually wore this very top to my first day of orientation :)




Pattern: Grainline Studio's Alder Dress, shortened to Top
- Made once before as dress
- Size 8 all around, with shortened bust dart and narrow seam allowance at side seam for more room - didn't quite work and so I'll have to do a proper FBA next time :\ For now, the ever faithful safety pin

Fabric: blue and white "slub" print cotton lawn, from the stash (YaY stashbusting!)

Thanks for stopping by The Quirky Peach!

❤ Sally