Hello friends! Welcome to my back-log of summer sewing projects :) I decided to take some quick photos and try to post these garments before the "official" end of the summer (Sept 21st). Sorry in advance for clogging up your blog reader! (Not sorry, actually - I'm so proud of myself ;) At the end I will do a quick post on how I took all the photos for these posts in a 60 minute session with just me, my point-and-shoot camera and tripod, and a sunny sewing room!


First up, a sleeveless Sureau dress. The fabric is a lightweight cotton with tiny stripes from Joann's, purchased a couple years ago - YAY sewing from the STASH! :) It is very lightweight and cool - perfect for summer! But also wrinkle happy - ah well. I love the details of this dress, especially the gathers and buttons on the bodice.




Pattern: Deer and Doe Sureau dress, sleeveless variation (*using old pattern - see below for adjustments)

Sizing: 40 at bust/waist - cut larger skirt to fit hips :)

Notes: 

- Pinched out a 3/8" wedge from neckline on each side to prevent gaping
- Took in 5/8" at side seam under arms, grading back to size 40 at waistline
- Took 1" off armscye at shoulder
- Lengthened the bodice by 1" - could still add more length
- Lapped zipper at side seam
- Interfaced button band
- Finished arm-holes with bias tape
- Added slash pockets, using Belladone pattern pieces - I love pockets but didn't think it through that the lapped zipper seam would make one pocket smaller than the other.



Yes, there were a lot of alterations to get it to fit just right, but it turned out to be a much more wearable version than my first attempt :) And I think the Sureau re-release has fixed some of the fit issues as well, and added a variation drafted to be sleeveless!

I have the bodice of a Centaurée sewn up in this fabric as well! I want to make a peplum top, but I can't decide what to use for the straps? A solid color or the same stripey fabric? What are your thoughts?

From my Instagram... two years ago :( Lol
Stay tuned for more summer sewing! And thanks for reading :)

❤ Sally